Memorial Stadium Game Day Halo Policy
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Football Game Day Stadium Halo Policy for Sale of Merchandise and Distribution of Information or Promotional Materials.
1. Stadium Halo Boundary. The "Stadium Halo" boundary is determined jointly by the UNL Athletic Director and the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance and is revised periodically to meet campus needs.
2. Sale of Merchandise. Sale of any merchandise, food, and beverages on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) campus within the boundaries outlined on the Stadium Halo Map (Appendix I), from 12:00 noon the day prior to game day through 12:00 noon on the day following game day, is expressly prohibited unless prior approval has been received by the UNL Athletic Department.
Currently Student Involvement, Huskers Authentic and the University Bookstore have been authorized to sell merchandise at the locations identified on the map. Permission to sell merchandise in the "Stadium Halo" on football game days must be submitted 14 days in advance of the game day and approved by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Athletic Licensing Department, One Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 68588-0154, (402) 472-9446.
3. Resale of athletic tickets is prohibited within the boundaries outlined on the Stadium Halo Map.
4. Distribution of Materials Outside of Memorial Stadium. Subject to the restrictions outlined below, distribution of informational materials*, such as political campaign materials, materials soliciting charitable contributions, commercial materials, or any form of promotional materials shall be permitted on the UNL campus on game day within the boundaries outlined on the Stadium Halo Map (Appendix I), except such materials may not be distributed inside of Memorial Stadium.
Distribution of material that is competitive with authorized sales by student groups or other approved University units is prohibited. Distribution of material that is in violation of the University’s and/or Athletic Department’s exclusive licensing or sponsorship agreements is prohibited.
Distribution of such materials shall be conducted in a manner so as to (i) not interfere with the flow of pedestrian traffic in and out of Memorial Stadium, and (ii) minimize litter. Distribution of materials in a form that would be dangerous or disruptive to spectators in Memorial Stadium, such as, but not limited to, miniature plastic footballs or other objects made of a hard substance, is prohibited. Distribution of any type of stickers is prohibited. Persons interfering with ingress to or egress from the stadium may be directed to move to another location.
No tables, chairs, vehicles or other stationary equipment may be used in support of the distribution efforts.
*Individuals who want to assure that their intended distributions are in compliance with this policy should contact the Office of the University of Nebraska Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance, 301 Canfield Administration Building, Lincoln, NE 68588-0425, (402) 472-4455 or the Athletic Licensing Department, One Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE 68588-0154 (402)-472-9446.
5. Fundraising at Memorial Stadium. No fundraising is permitted inside or outside Memorial Stadium with the following exceptions: (a) the American Red Cross is permitted to solicit financial contributions inside Memorial Stadium during one home football game per football season in exchange for providing first aid services at all home football games and (b) the Big 12 Conference designated charity is permitted to solicit financial contributions outside of Memorial Stadium at one home game per year.
Policy Date: September 8, 2004Revised: September 1, 2008