Monday/Tuesday Holiday Bowl Blitz Will Benefit Huskers for Heroes Program
All tickets purchased for this program will be donated to active duty San Diego-area sailors and Marines who want to go to the game and support the Huskers. Fans who purchase tickets during the Holiday Bowl Blitz from 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 20, until 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 21, for the Huskers for Heroes program will qualify for all the Blitz special offers listed below.
In addition, to the Huskers for Heroes program, the Nebraska Athletic Department is donating 500 tickets to Marines who will unfurl a giant flag on the field on game day.
Blitz Begins Monday at 8 a.m., Ends Tuesday at 9 p.m.
The Holiday Bowl Blitz includes several offers for Nebraska fans:
- Any tickets purchased during the Blitz will be assessed no handling fees.
- Purchase tickets during the Blitz and receive a pair of free tickets to the Nebraska men's basketball conference opener game vs. Iowa State on Saturday, Jan. 8 at 7 p.m. at the Bob Devaney Sports Center (while supplies last).
- Tune in to Sports Nightly on Monday, Dec. 20, during the 7 p.m. hour for our Holiday Bowl Blitz special, featuring Husker legends Tommie Frazier and Zach Wiegert with host Jeff Culhane, to reminisce about great bowl games of the past and preview this year's Holiday Bowl.
- Purchase tickets anytime during Sports Nightly on Monday night (6-9 p.m.) and be entered in a drawing for 10 great autographed memorabilia prizes from the coaches or former players.
- Anyone who chooses to purchase tickets for themselves during the Holiday Bowl Blitz will also be qualified for these special Blitz offers (while supplies last).
Fans can purchase Holiday Bowl tickets for themselves or to donate to the Huskers for Heroes program by going online at Huskers.com. They can also order by phone by calling the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-8-BIG RED Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Thank you for your continued support of Nebraska football.
Nebraska Athletic Ticket Director Holly Adam said that as of noon today, the Huskers have sold 7,077 of their 11,000 allotment.