|City/State:||East Orange, N.J.|
· Drafted in 6th Round by the
· 1973 Co-Captain
· 1973 First-Team All-American (AFC-Kodak, UPI, Football News, Sporting News)
· 1973 First-Team All-Big 8 (AP, UPI)
· 1972 First-Team All-American (Newspaper Enterprises Association)
· 1972 Third-Team All-American (AP)
· 1972 First-Team All-Big 8 (AP, UPI)
· 1971 Sophomore All-American (Football News)
· 1971 Honorable Mention All-Big 8 (AP)
One of the best lineman to ever play at
In White’s junior year the Huskers averaged 541.4 yards per game and scored 41.8 points per game. In his senior year White paved the way fifth rated Big 8 Conference back Tony Davis,
As a sophomore White gained Sophomore All-America honors and Honorable Mention All-Big 8. Coaches were recruiting White when they found Husker legend Rich Glover and wound up with two two-time All-Americans.
White was a starter for the 1971 National Championship team.
Before Nebraska (East Orange High (N.J.))
All-State in football for Coach Tom Dean and was also All-State in baseball at East Orange High, also lettered three times in basketball.
Nickname – “Big D”. Physical Education Major while at