USC Postgame Notes
USC vs. Nebraska Notes – 9-16-2006
• USC has now won 28 consecutive home games (continuing a school record) and nine non-conference home games in a row.
• USC has now won 47 of its last 49.
• Pete Carroll improves to 56-10 as USC coach.
• USC improves to 2-0-1 against Nebraska and 28-9-2 vs. the Big 12.
• USC improves to 4-0 when ESPN’s GameDay originates from the Coliseum.
• USC’s last eight games (home, road or neutral) have been sellouts.
• USC’s last seven home games have been in front of 90,000-plus crowds and this is the fifth straight sellout.
• USC opened the season with a 5-0 turnover margin against Arkansas, and was 1-0 today vs. Nebraska.
• USC scored 31 points directly off turnovers in its season opener and 7 against Nebraska tonight
• USC has now scored at least 20 points in its last 54 games, continuing a national record and currently more than twice as many times as any other team (and in 56 of the last 57).
• After Nebraska scored first with a field goal in the first quarter, USC ran off 21 consecutive points. It’s the second time USC has run off at least that many in a row in 2006 after doing it a combined 47 times in the last four seasons.
• USC improved to 29-0 under Pete Carroll when holding an opponent to under 300 total yards.
• Nebraska had their five-game winning streak snapped.
• USC held Nebraska to 10 points and 211 total yards tonight. The Huskers entered tonight’s game second in scoring offense in the country (52.5) and third in total offense (541 yards/game). Nebraska was held to 68 rushing yards in tonight’s game, after rushing for over 250 yards in each of their first two games.
• With his two TD receptions today, WR Dwayne Jarrett now has 31 for his career, breaking Mike Williams’ school record of 30. Jarrett is one short of the Pac-10 record (32, Ken Margerum, Stanford, 1977-80). Jarrett has also caught at least one pass in all 28 of his games.
• Jarrett finished with 11 receptions for 136 yards, the 10th time in his career he’s had at least 100 yards receiving. It was also the third time he’s had at least 10 receptions in one game. He tied his career high of 11 receptions set on Oct. 29, 2005 vs. Washington State (200 receiving yards).
• WR Steve Smith’s 6 receptions tonight moved him into ninth on USC’s career receptions chart with 130. His second-quarter TD reception was his 14th of his career.
• Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett both caught TD passes in the same game for the seventh time in their Trojan careers.
• QB John David Booty has thrown three TD passes in each of his first two starts. He also has thrown for over 250 yards in each start (257 tonight and 261 at Arkansas).
• It’s the first time in USC history that a true freshman has started at tailback in consecutive games. C.J. Gable did so in USC’s opener at Arkansas and Emmanuel Moody got the start today.
• TB Chauncey Washington’s fourth-quarter TD run is the first of his career.