Big 12 Football Schedules Set Through 2015
Nebraska’s Big 12 Conference football schedules are set for the next nine seasons, as the Big 12 office released league schedules for the seasons of 2008 through 2015 on Tuesday.
Among the notes from Nebraska’s future Big 12 schedules are...
• Nebraska will continue to conclude the regular season with a Thanksgiving weekend matchup against Colorado. The NU-CU games may continue to be played on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but that determination will not be made until after the Big 12 has completed a new television contract.
• In five of the eight seasons between 2008 and 2015, Nebraska does not have a scheduled bye week prior to the Colorado game.
• The 2008, 2013 and 2014 schedules have 14 playing Saturdays, giving schools two off Saturdays during the course of the season. In those three seasons, the Huskers are scheduled to have a bye week before taking on Colorado to close the regular season.
• Nebraska will open conference play each year from 2008 to 2015 against either Missouri or Kansas State. The Huskers open against Missouri in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013, and against the Wildcats in 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015.
• The Huskers’ rotation against the Big 12 South will remain the same. Nebraska will face Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas Tech in 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013, and will take on Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas A&M in 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015.
The Huskers’ 2007 schedule was set as part of the previous group of Big 12 schedules. Nebraska has completed its non-conference schedule for 2007, and has several future non-conference series’ set through 2017.
Minor changes to the Big 12 schedules could be made in the future to accommodate for television.
Nebraska Football Future Schedules (2007-2015)