Huskers Continued Away Games Against Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah-- The Nebraska men's tennis team traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah, for a weekend of match play, where the team started against the host team, Utah. On Friday, the Huskers fell 7-0 to the Utes.
In doubles, there was a different line up for the Huskers. Rok Krizaj and Jon Meyer played hard against Slal Shainyan and Santiago Sierra but fell in the No. 3 spot, 6-3. In the No. 1 spot, David Samardzija and Tomislav Antoljak battled hard against Joe Woolley and Dan Little to unfortunately fall 7-5. Chris Dean and Dylan Bednarczyk were winning their match 5-4, but did not finish.
Jon Meyer and Egbert Weverink finished up the singles play first, with the point going towards the Utes, 6-1, 6-2. David Samardzija fell short in his match against Santiago Sierra, 6-0, 6-1. In the No. 2 spot, Tomislav Antoljak faught hard against Dan Little but then lost 6-1, 6-4. Chris Dean also played a good match against Joe Woolley, but unfortunately the Utes got the point, 6-3, 6-1. Rok Krizaj played Slave Shainyan but fell 6-2, 6-4. In the No. 1 spot, Dylan Bednarczyk put up a fight against David Micevski. They played three matches, where Bednarczyk won the first, but then fell in the last two, 3-6, 6-4, 10-5.
The Huskers continue match play in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Sunday against New Mexico. Competition is set to begin at 3 p.m.
1. David Micevski (UTAH) def. Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) 3-6, 6-4, 10-5
2. Dan Little (UTAH) def. Tomislav Antoljak (NEB) 6-1, 6-4
3. Santiago Sierra (UTAH) def. David Samardzija (NEB) 6-0, 6-1
4. Joe Woolley (UTAH) def. Chris Dean (NEB) 6-3, 6-1
5. Slava Shainyan (UTAH) def. Rok Krizaj (NEB) 6-2, 6-4
6. Egbert Weverink (UTAH) def. Jon Meyer (NEB) 6-1, 6-2
1. Joe Woolley/Dan Little (UTAH) def. David Samardzija/Tomislav Antoljak (NEB) 7-5
2. Chris Dean/Dylan Bednarczyk (NEB) vs. Egbert Weverink/David Micevski (UTAH) 5-4, unfinished
3. Slava Shainyan/Santiago Sierra (UTAH) def. Rok Krizaj/Jon Meyer (NEB) 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (6,3,2,4,5,1)