Huskers Strong on First Day of Track Kat Klash
The second-ranked Nebraska bowling team opened the Track Kat Klash with a 4-1 record and a pinfall of 5,013 after five five-game Baker matches on Friday in Houston, Texas. Their performance after the first day of competition put them in first place in the overall standings.
The Cornhuskers began the day with a win over No. 19 Alabama-Birmingham by a score of 1,003-880, before NU defeated Jackson State, 1019-911, and No. 12 Delaware State 985-973. Nebraska’s only loss of the day came at the hands of No. 17 Tulane, 1,028-959.
The Huskers quickly recovered, winning their next match against No. 20 Prairie View A&M, 1,047-857.
The Huskers will continue play on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. (CT) with five traditional matches. Their first match of the day will be against No. 7 Mayland Eastern Shore.Friday and Saturday’s combined results will determine the seeding for Sunday’s bracket-play championship tournament, in which each team will play three rounds of best-of-seven Baker matches, beginning at 8:20 a.m. (CT).
Track Kat Klash Overall Standings (Pinfall after one day of competition)
- No.2 Nebraska (5,013)
- No. 7 Maryland Eastern Shore (4,932)
- No. 1 McKendree (4,837)
- No. 10 Central Missouri (4,836)
- No. 6 Stephen F. Austin (4,829)
- No. 17 Tulane (4,819)
- No. 5 Sam Houston State (4,808)
- No. 4 Vanderbilt (4,725)
- No. 12 Delaware State (4,635)
- No. 19 Alabama-Birmingham (4,621)
- No. 3 Arkansas State (4,549)
- No. 20 Prairie View A&M (4,543)
- No. 18 North Carolina A&T (4,484)
- Maryville (4,418)
- Texas Southern (4,351)
- No. 24 Youngstown State (4,348)
- Alabama State (RV) (4,318)
- Louisiana Tech (RV) (4,314)
- Jackson State (4,102)
- Southern (3,863)
- Grambling State (3,345)