2009 Nebraska All-Ages Open Meet Information
Nebraska All-Ages Open
INDOOR TRACK & FIELD MEET
Bob Devaney Sports Center - Lincoln, Nebraska
Sunday, Jan 25, 2009
1. Competition athletes – all ages of athletes are eligible to enter the meet. We will, however, limit the fields to the following sizes – first come, first served!
All Field Events – 20 per gender
60m & 60H – 40 per gender
200m & 400m – 30 per gender
800m – 20 per gender
3200m – 20 per gender
1600m – 15 per gender
4x400m – 12 teams per gender
2. Entry Procedures are online only.
Go To = www.huskers.com
then Go To = Track & Field
then Go To = Meet Information (left hand side of page)
then Click on “Nebraska All Ages Open”
then Go To = Entry Link
- Make sure to print out a hard copy for your records after you have declared.
Final entries must be declared no later than Wednesday, Jan. 21, by 7 p.m. CDT.
3. Entry Fees – Five dollars ($5) per person, per event. Ten dollars ($10) per relay team.
4. Races – shall be run as finals against time. Sections (heats) shall be run from slow to fast.
5. Field Events – in the shot put, long jump and triple jump each athlete will be given four jumps. No finals will be conducted.
6. Team Scoring – None
7. Heat Sheet Pickup is available the day of meet at the meet management tower, northwest corner of the indoor track arena.
8. Relay Cards are due 30 minutes before the start of the Relay - turn them into the meet management tower, northwest corner of the indoor track arena.
9. Check-in - Track Athletes check in 30 minutes prior to your event on the track. Pick up your hip numbers at the table located along the north wall in Area 4. Ten minutes prior to your event, report to the clerk of the course at the start area. The backstretch is available to competing athletes for warm up. Field event athletes are to report to the head event official 45 minutes prior to your event.
10. Implements will be weighed by the Weights and Measures Certifying Official at the weighing area starting one hour prior to the start of the event (10:00am).
11. Preferred lanes - Sprint races: 60m and 60H: 4-5-3-6-2-1-8; 200m and 400m: 5-6-4-3-2-1
12. Facility Restrictions - The use of ¼” pyramid spikes will be strictly enforced. No marking chalk will be allowed on track or runways.
13. Training Room Facilities are located at the north end of the track to the right of the concession stand. Please refer to the track diagram and memo from the Nebraska Track & Field Trainer for additional information.
14. Team Parking - All team vans and buses park along the street on the north side of the Bob Devaney Sports Center. If spaces are all taken up, any parking in the State Fairgounds is permitted. No special parking pass is required.
15. Results will be available in the press area as soon as possible after the meet is completed. Results will be posted during the meet in the track arena. A formal copy of the results will be made available on our website at www.huskers.com.