The No. 15 Nebraska beach volleyball team took third place at Hawaii's Spring Break Challenge on Saturday in Honolulu.
The Huskers fell to No. 2 USC, 5-0, in the first round before defeating No. 20 Loyola Marymount, 4-1, in the third-place match.
The Husker pairs of Kadie Rolfzen/Kelly Hunter, Amber Rolfzen/Justine Wong-Orantes, Annika Albrecht/Olivia Boender and Briana Holman/Kenzie Maloney were all victorious against LMU to account for the four team points. Mikaela Foecke and Brooke Smith fell in a down-to-the-wire third set, 18-16.
Nebraska, now 2-2 in the beach volleyball season, finishes its stay in Hawaii on Sunday with a 7 p.m. (CT) match against Hawaii at the Rainbow Wahine's Ching Complex.
#2 USC 5, #15 Nebraska 0
1. Kelly Claes/Sara Hughes (USC) def. Kelly Hunter/Kadie Rolfzen (NEB): 21-16, 21-12
2. Sophie Bukovec/Alexa Strange (USC) def. Amber Rolfzen/Justine Wong-Orantes (NEB): 21-17, 21-6
3. Nicolette Martin/Allie Wheeler (USC) def. Annika Albrecht/Olivia Boender (NEB): 21-15, 21-17
4. Jenna Belton/Abril Bustamante (USC) def. Briana Holman/Kenzie Maloney (NEB): 21-15, 21-11
5. Jo Kremer/Zoe Nightingale (USC) def. Mikaela Foecke/Brooke Smith (NEB): 21-14, 21-12
Order of finish: 4, 1, 5, 2, 3
#15 Nebraska 4, #20 Loyola Marymount 1
1. Kelly Hunter/Kadie Rolfzen won
2. Amber Rolfzen/Justine Wong-Orantes won
3. Annika Albrecht/Olivia Boender won
4. Briana Holman/Kenzie Maloney won
5. Mikaela Foecke/Brooke Smith lost