No. 5 Hawaii Edges Huskers, 4-1
The Nebraska beach volleyball team wrapped up its stay in Hawaii with a 4-1 loss to No. 5 Hawaii at the Ching Complex in Honolulu late Monday night.
Olivia Boender and Annika Albrecht picked up the lone point for the Huskers with a 21-16, 15-21, 15-9 win over Hawaii's Nikki Taylor and Ka'iwi Schucht at the No. 2 spot. Lauren Stivrins and Kelly Hunter took their match to three sets before falling 15-9 in the decisive set.
The Huskers (3-6) will travel to Arizona this week for three more matches. Nebraska will play Arizona State at 1 p.m. on Thursday and Grand Canyon at 6:30 p.m. The Huskers will wrap up their beach season with a match against Benedictine University at Mesa on Friday at 12:30 p.m.
No. 5 Hawaii 4, Nebraska 1
1. Mikayla Tucker/Morgan Martin (UH) def. Justine Wong-Orantes/Andie Malloy (NU) 21-13, 21-16
2. Olivia Boender/Annika Albrecht (NU) def. Nikki Taylor/Ka'iwi Schucht (UH) 21-16, 15-21, 15-9
3. Emily Maglio/Laurel Weaver (UH) def. Lauren Stivrins/Kelly Hunter (NU) 21-14, 18-21, 15-9
4. Carly Kan/Ari Homayun (UH) def. Mikaela Foecke/Kenzie Maloney (NU) 21-16, 21-13
5. Hannah Zalopany/Amy Ozee (UH) def. Tiani Reeves/Brooke Smith (NU) 21-12, 21-18
Order of finish: Doubles (4,5,3,2,1)