The Dick and Peg Herman Family Student Life Complex has a state-of-the-art computer lab containing 57 PC and 6 Mac computer systems complete with laser-jet printers. Student-athletes receive computer lab training during the orientation program and have the benefit of ongoing education from a full-time staff member of the athletic computing center. The full-time staff member continually works to keep the lab updated with computer software to meet the needs of student-athletes. Student-athletes have access to the Internet as well as the several other resources including the UNL library and multiple software packages on all systems within the lab. Additionally, student-athletes have access to laptop computers which can be checked out for away competitions. Nebraska's computer resources combined with computer instruction and supervision have contributed to enhanced student efficiency and performance.
Dick and Peg Herman Family Student Life Complex for Student-Athletes
Ranked Best in the Country
College Athletic Management magazine has recognized the Dick and Peg Herman Family Student Life Complex for student-athletes as a national leader. During consecutive years, College Athletic Management Magazine has cited the following programs as among the nation's elite within Academic and Student Services:
- 2006 - 2010 - Degree Completion and Outreach Awards from the National Consortium of Academics and Sports
- 2005 - Academic Director Dennis Leblanc inducted into Mortar Board
- 2004 - National Consortium of Academics and Sports - #1 Community Outreach and Degree Completion Programs
- 2003 - National Consortium of Academics and Sports - #1 Community Outreach and Degree Completion Programs
- 2002 - National Consortium of Academics and Sports - #1 Community Outreach Program
- 1999 - National Consortium of Academics and Sports - #1 Community Outreach Program
- 1998 - Champs Life Skills Program of Excellence Award
- 1996 - Award of Excellence for Creative and Innovative Community Outreach
- 1995 - Award of Excellence for Outstanding Leadership Organization - Student-Athlete Advisory Board
- 1994 - Award of Excellence for Comprehensive Academic Support
For questions or comments about Academics, please contact us at (402) 472-4611 or 1-800-927-7220 or drop us an e-mail.