In order to process the promotional activity waiver request in a timely manner and not jeopardize a student-athlete’s eligibility status, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln reserves the right to deny any and all requests not submitted three weeks prior to the activity date. Also, in the interest of University of Nebraska-Lincoln student-athlete’s academic and athletic commitments, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln reserves the right to deny any and all requests for activities that do not occur within a 60 mile radius of Lincoln, Nebraska, or those requested during the first two and last two weeks of each semester. Requests will be accepted during the summer months, but are often difficult to accommodate due to the time committed for accelerated class loads with extended meeting times, along with student-athletes’ summer employment, internships, and workouts.
Per NCAA bylaw 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.2:
· University of Nebraska-Lincoln student-athletes are only permitted to participate in educational/charitable/non-profit activities that meet ALL of the requirements stated in the bylaws
· The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Athletics Department is required to submit written approval from the Director of Athletics or designee for all student-athletes participating in any non-profit, charitable, or educational activities considered incidental to participation in intercollegiate athletics.
· The sponsoring agency requesting the use of the student-athlete’s name, picture, or appearance must complete all necessary information regarding the activity on the waiver request form, including submitting proof of 501(c)(3) status if a charitable/non-profit agency.
· The student-athlete cannot miss class and must sign a release statement prior to the activity.
Please note that due to new NCAA time demands legislation there will be restrictions and limited availability for student-athlete participation.
Required Fields are in Bold
By clicking the Submit button below, this is your electronic signature. By clicking Submit, this means:
(1) I am an authorized representative of the agency making the request above;
(2) The activity I am making a request for meets all NCAA Requirements listed above; and
(3) The names, images, and appearance of all University of Nebraska student-athletes attending the activity will be used in a manner consistent with the NCAA Requirements listed above.